“Southern California’s Home to Major League Sprint Car Racing”
2017 Young Gun Sprint Cars
Driver Age – 14-25 (with no prior sprint car experience)
This division is open to Drivers ages from 14 - 25 years old with the following requirements;
ˇ 14 and 15-year old’s must submit a Racing Résumé detailing their racing experience to the Perris Auto Speedway for their review and approval. Upon initial approval those applicants must then demonstrate their ability on the racetrack during a four-hour Tune and Test Practice session in front of the Speedway Management and Race Officials. The cost of the Tune and Test Practice is $500. If the Speedway Management approves an applicant, their name and experience will be submitted to the Speedway's Insurance Company for their final approval. Should at any time, an applicant is deemed not ready for competition, that applicant cannot submit an application until the following race season. All decisions from the Speedway and Insurance Company will be final. There is no appeal process.
ˇ 16-25-year old with NO Sprint Car experience must submit a Racing Résumé detailing their racing experience to the Perris Auto Speedway Management for their approval. All decisions by the Speedway will be final. There is no appeal process. Any Driver that is over 21 that dominates the competition will be asked to move up to the USAC/CRA Division.
ˇ Should anyone be approved for competition no matter what their age and prove not to be race ready anytime during the season, the Speedway Management can have the option to revoke their ability to continue racing for the remainder of the season.
ˇ Drivers in this Division may compete in the Oval Nationals at the end of their season and maintain the status for the next season. However, if a Driver decides to run any additional USAC/CRA events during any season, they will lose their status as a PAS Young Gun.
This is a Non-Sanctioned Class – The engine rules are as follows; 360 cubic inches cast iron block, fuel injected or normally aspirated. No gaskets, restrictors needed. Engines exceeding 360 ci. with a maximum of 410 ci. except for Shwenke Spec. 377 will be required to run inlet Restrictors of 1 and 7/8 inch (to be installed in the top of the injector). No weight rule. No Tire Rule. Full Containment Seats and Head and Neck Restraint are recommended. In addition, all normal safety rules apply.
All cars will Pill Draw for starting positions in their Heat Race.
Heat Races will be 6 laps.
Main Event will be 15 Laps. Starting positions will be a blind draw by the winner of the first heat race. The inversion will be from 0 to 8 positions.
This is a “TROPHY ONLY” Division! The top three will be awarded Trophies. Pit Passes are $50.00.
Championship Points will be accumulated over the year and the “Perris Auto Speedway Young Gun Sprint Car Champion” will receive a Championship Award!
If the car count for any event is 6 or less cars, the Young Gun Division will tag the back of the Senior Sprint Main. They will run a separate Heat Race.
1. In an effort to minimize yellow flag laps and thus speed the show up for the participants and more importantly the race fans, all PASSCAR Drivers must have a one-way radio Raceceiver or radio set to the race/scoring frequency (464.5500).
2. The radios will be used strictly for line-ups and general information from the Scorer's and Race Director only.
3. Radios are to be provided by the Driver.
4. Drivers will not be permitted on the track without a radio and it must be on.
5. If a radio is found to have 2 way communications, the car and Driver will be suspended for two races and the Driver will be fined $250.00. The fine must be paid in full prior to participating in their next event.
6. Radios along with ear buds can be purchased from Andy Jones from the Oil Twins. You can find a link on our website under "PASSCAR RADIOS". Andy can also be reached at (909) 670-9328.
7. As a courtesy to visiting non-member Driver's, rental radios will be available. In order to reserve a radio please contact Andy Jones at (909) 670-9328.
CHAMPIONSHIP POINT SCHEDULE
All Championship Points follow the Driver only.
FINISHING ORDER - POINTS
1 - 60
2 - 57
3 - 54
4 - 51
5 - 48
6 - 45
7 - 42
8 - 39
9 - 36
10 - 33
11 - 31
12 - 29
13 - 27
14 - 25
15 - 23
16 - 21
17 - 19
18 - 17
19 - 15
20 - 13
The Heat Race winner will receive 5 bonus points, second place will receive 3 points and third place will receive 1 point.