1. Must be American manufactured
2. Minimum wheelbase of 105”
1. Bodies should be semi stock appearing. Steel,
Aluminum or Fiberglass bodies.
2. All nosepieces or front covers must be
Maximum 50 inches from the center of the wheel to the front of the nose
deck may be flat or may slope downward to rear of car
4. Max spoiler allowed 6”x width of body”.
Face of spoiler 6”. Sides OK
5. Overall width of body not to exceed 78” at
Plastic body skirt ok
7. Floor pan may be removed
8. Drivers side windshield area must be covered
with a minimum ¼” opening or maximum of 1” openings or Minimum of 3
Windshield bars in front of driver. Mounting is at discretion of Tech
Window net mandatory. Strict enforcement on secure mounting. No zip ties
or pop riveting. Hard mounting only
1. Both front and back bumpers must be attached
and rear bumpers may be OEM Aluminum, 1 ¾” round or 2”x2” square tubing.
3. All cars
must start race with front and rear bumper.
4. Any car loosing
rear bumper will be black flagged from the event. No reattaching and
1. All numbers must be a minimum of 20” tall and
cars must have a number on the roof and left and right side doors
3. Please use colors that contrast the rest of
the car. This will help eliminate scoring problems
4. Headlight & tail light number required
5.Drivers name must be legible to Grandstand on
of car and roof
1. All cages must be made of .095 tubing no less
than 1 ½” O.D.
2. Must have a
minimum of four (4) left side door bars
3. All cages must have a diagonal bar running
from top to bottom behind driver’s seat
4. No galvanized pipe allowed
5. All roll cages will be strictly inspected
6. 1/8” thick door bar plate on driver side
SEATS AND SEATBELTS:
1. All seats must be padded aluminum racing
2. No seat
may be mounted directly to floor pan. Seat must be mounted to roll cage at
no less than four (4) points
3. A five- (5) point safety harness, with quick
release is mandatory with a 3” wide lap belt, 3” shoulder belts, and a 2”
submarine belt. All belts must be attached to roll cage
4. All belts must be kept up to date. Must have
date of manufacture and must be within 3 years of present date. This is
for your safety
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
American rear-wheel drive frame only. No sports car frames. OEM part of
frame must measure a Minimum of “20 forward from Screw Jack and a minimum
of 20” to rear of screw jack. May modify for Fuel pump, steering shaft,
Radiator and shock clearance. May alter for after market upper A-arms
2. Tube type upper adjustable A-arms allowed
3. Control arm that supports coil spring must be
4. Rear clip
may be made of 2" x 3" steel tubing. Tubing must extend to the rear
bumper. Rear spring mounts must be a minimum of 40" apart measured inside
5. Uni –
body cars may tie in frame rails front to rear
6. Weight jacks are allowed. No weight jacking
controls allowed inside of drivers compartment
7. Racing spring and racing shocks may be used
(no coil over or coil over eliminator). Heim end type shocks OK
8. No Cannister shocks. No external adjustable
shocks (dials, screws etc).
9. Rebuildable and revalveable shocks allowed
10. Maximum four shocks allowed on car. 1 shock
per wheel only. No shocks over rear end
11. Leaf spring sliders are allowed
12. No composite leaf springs
13. May remove floor pan, driver must be
completely sealed in cockpit, driveline straps strictly enforced
14. Adjustable lowering blocks O.K.
15. Coil cars can run 3-Links. Solid links only.
20/20 rule. Top bar no longer than 20 inches. Bottom bar must be a minimum
of 20 inches, behind rear end.
16. Coil cars may use adjustable upper links.
Lowers must remain stock but may use multi-hole locations. Offset bolts OK
1. No quick-change rear ends allowed
2. Must be steel
rear end housing
3. No gold track or ratchet rear ends allowed
4. No wide fives allowed
1. Steering box must be mounted in stock
steering, quick steer boxes allowed
3. No racks and pinion steering allowed
1. Must have three (3) working brakes at all
Adjustable valves may be used for front to rear brake bias
3. Right front brake shut off OK
4. Front and rear brake calipers Cast- steel
Aftermarket OK. No aluminum. Single
piston only. Right front rotor may be altered.
Any American make
steel engine block allowed.
Aftermarket and OEM performance blocks allowed.
Steel heads and block only. Any Cast Intake manifold. Flat tappet
cam/lifters only. (NO ROLLER
OR LIFTERS) Stud Girdles allowed. Any Rocker Arm allowed. No mushroom
lifters, OEM firing order cannot be changed. No crank triggers. All
engines must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without
All belt driven accessories must be on
front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only.
must be no further back than # 1 spark plug to ball joint
1.Sealed GM crate engine part number 8604
barrel 650 CFM carburetor allowed. Untouched Holley # 80541-1 or Demon #
3.Minimum weight 3000 lbs. (pounds)
1. One (1) Holly 500 CFM. 2 barrel carburetor
(no. 4412 only)
Demon 2 barrel 500cfm carburetor
4 Barrel carburetor.
2. Two- (2) throttle springs mandatory
1. Must not exceed the 95 dB limit at 100 feet
2. No exhaust of any kind allowed in driver’s
Any car loosing a muffler will be disqualified from that event
1. No magnetos allowed
2. All battery-powered ignitions will be allowed
3. Ignition boxes must be placed in clear view
of tech inspector and out of reach of driver. All boxes subject to tech
inspection at all times
4. No tampering of ignition boxes such as ETC
(electronic traction control) or timing control devices. Absolutely no
JUNK allowed altering engine performance during race conditions. Subject
to suspension of racing for 1 year and expense of testing and shipping
One ignition box per car at any time
member may protest any ignition box for $200.00 plus shipping and
handling. Shipping and handling is red label overnight express, if box is
found illegal, protestor will receive $200 back. If found legal,
owner/driver protested will receive $150.00 and $50.00 going to
1. All cars will have a working starter in stock
switch must be labeled and easily accessed by driver or safety workers
1. Brinn, Bert,
Falcon type internal clutch Transmissions
3. Any clutch will be allowed.
4. Automatic transmissions may use a coupler
instead of a torque converter.
Minimum 2 inch diameter steel/ OR minimum 3 inch diameter Aluminum drive
shaft and must be painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive
shaft loop at front and rear of Driveshaft
FUEL AND FUEL
1. No electric fuel pumps allowed
2. All cars must have fuel cells with a chain,
cable, etc attaching cap to fuel cell
3. All fuel cell will be at discretion of Track
fuel line running through the driver’s compartment must be housed in a
Driver’s compartment must be sealed from both engine and fuel cell
6. All cars require the use of a check valve
(roll over valve) on the vent of cell.
7. Gasoline only - no alcohol.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
1. Maximum rim (wheel) width is 8”. All wheels
must be steel
Bead-locks may be used on all four (4) corners
Must use unaltered
Hoosier ‘500’ Race tire, with IMCA
stamped on sidewall. No chemical softening or conditioning allowed .All
tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread. No grooving
allowed. Unaltered Hoosier Race tire, G60-15 with IMCA stamped on
sidewall. No chemical softening, conditioning of tires
Tires may be ground or siped within
confines of tread (not past factory straight line).
No grooving allowed. Hoosier Race tire
P245/60D15: P255/60D15 or P265/60D15. All Hoosier tires must be purchased
from Trackside Racing (714) 895-1190.
1. Minimum weight is 3,000 lbs. ANYTIME
2. All ballast weight must be painted white and
have the car’s number legibly painted on it
3. All weight must be mounted by a min of two
5/8” bolts or two weight mounts
4. Any ballast weight dropped on racing surface
will result in an automatic disqualification
5. All mounting is subject to strict inspection.
IF YOU LOOSE A PIECE OF LEAD ANYTIME DURING
THE NIGHT, (including hot laps) YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REST OF THE
mounting will be strictly inspected.
2. No radios. No rear view mirrors allowed.
3. Equipment will not be considered legal simply
because it went through inspection unobserved, or because a rule has not
been written excluding it.
The rules and/or regulations
set forth herein are designed for the orderly conduct of racing events and
to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. The rules
shall govern all entrants. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL
RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and
are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit
deviations from any of the specifications, herein, or impose any further
restriction, that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM
SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviations of
these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their discretion
is final. If you have any questions
please call Mike Miller (PAS TECH)
at (760) 954-3342.
Participants must be a member of the Perris Auto Speedway PASSCAR
Association to receive Championship points. After two events you must join
PASSCAR to participate.
There will be a $40.00 entry fee per car per race. Money will be collected
at pill pick at the Pit Gate.