PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY
DEFINITION OF “STOCK” OR “OEM”
In the following rules stock, stock OEM or OEM will mean that a part or dimension must be from a standard production vehicle. “OEM” is the abbreviation for Original Equipment Manufacturer. If parts are to be stock, stock OEM or OEM then they can not be GM Performance, Bow-Tie, Ford Motorsports, SVO, Direct Connection such as Performance Catalogues, Marine, and Mail Order or any special Off-Road or Racing Performance Parts. No carbon fiber parts anywhere on the car. Absolutely no removal, alteration or covering of casting numbers, manufacturer’s name, logos, insignias, etc. from any item on the car. To do so will make that part illegal and it will be treated as such.
A) COMPETING MODELS
1. All cars must be full size or intermediate. American made passenger cars.
2. No jeeps, station wagons or front wheel drives.
3. Wheelbase must remain stock, Min. 105” wheelbase.
4. Minimum weight of 3200 lbs with driver at any time.
5. All ballast weight must be painted white and must have a car number on each weight.
6. Ballast weights must be bolted with a minimum of two ½” grade-8 bolts subject to safety tech approval. 7. Bolt on clamps ok, two per piece.
8. All weight that falls off car during a race will be fined $10.00 a pound.
1. Bodies must be complete.
2. All exterior body parts may be metal or fiberglass
3. Fabricated or fiberglass panels must look stock for make and model being used. Flat sides OK. Full bodies required at the beginning of each race event. After market nose and tail covers OK.
4. Hood and trunk lid pins required. Minimum of two across the front hood and two across rear of trunk lid. One additional pin required for each missing hinge.
5. Full stock floorboard and firewall including rear seat floor area leading into trunk is required. All holes must be covered by sheet metal and welded or riveted in place.
6. A 6” hole in each wheel well is required to aid firemen in extinguishing fires.
7. Hood, doors, rear quarters, roof and rear deck may be gutted. (Inner reinforcement removed)
8. Dash may be removed.
9. Fender wells may have a 3 to 5-inch clearance.
10. Rear spoilers allowed. No more than 6" tall and no wider than the width of the car.
11. A windshield screen with two center supports 1/8” by 1”, centered 6” to 8” apart mandatory.
12. Driver’s window net mandatory. Net must be attached to the top and bottom of roll cage, and release at top front.
13. NO SHARP, PROTRUDING EDGES ALLOWED.
14. Rub rails are allowed, 1" x 2" tubing. Must be attached to door bars, mounted flush with door skin. Ends must be beveled.
1. Bumpers must be stock mfg. All cars with exposed bumpers must have a factory bumper cover.
2. Bumpers mounted behind after market full nose & or tail covers may be fabricated. Subject to tech approval.
3. Bumper height measured from ground to centerline of bumper must be a minimum of 16” and a maximum of 20”.
4. Bumpers must have a 90-degree turn on each side extending back a minimum of 4”. Bumpers must not have sharp corners or ends.
5. Front and rear bumpers must have metal plates (minimum of 20 gauge) covering full width of bumper bolting ends of bumpers to the quarter panels and fenders. Must use a minimum of four 5/16 inch bolts per strap (carriage bolts only.)
6. Front and rear bumpers must have safety chains mounted to the frame. Minimum of 5/16 chain.
D) ROLL BARS
1. Full roll-cage required, subject to tech approval. Main cage bars must be a minimum of 1 3/4” OD, .090” wall thickness. Front and rear cage must have some provision for tow trucks to hook to. If there is no provision TRACK is not responsible for any damage that may occur while being towed.
2. NO GALVANIZED, ALUMINUM, OR EXHAUST TUBING ALLOWED
3. Minimum of 3 door bars on right side, with a minimum of 4 door bars on driver side door, no more than 7” spread between each door bar. Must have 1/8” doorplates from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear down bar to front down bar.
4. Rear kicker bars may extend to rear frame cross members.
5. Fuel cell protector mandatory, no more than the width of the frame rails.
6. Main roll cage uprights must be fastened to tubing running full length and welded to rocker panels or with a minimum 3/16” thick plate, top and bottom, at all four corners. Plate must be minimum 4” square, with four 7/16” grade 8 bolts at each location.
7. Padding must be used at any point where driver contact might occur. No swimming pool noodles.
8. Aluminum racing seat mandatory. Seat must have complete cage frame support fabricated to the roll bar assembly. No fiberglass seats.
9. A five (5) point safety harness, with quick release mandatory with a 3” wide lap belt, 3” shoulder belts and a 2” submarine. All belts must be attached to roll cage with a minimum of 7/16 grade 8 bolts.
10. All seat belts must have date of manufacturer and must be within 3 years of the present date.
11. FUEL CELLS MANDATORY. Fuel cell must be between frame rails in trunk area. Fuel cell must be totally enclosed in an 18 gauge steel container and mounted with TWO 1/8’ by 1” straps both lengthwise and crosswise. Bottom of cell center of axle or higher
12. Fill spout to be located inside trunk.
13. MAXIMUM fuel cell capacity: 22 gallons
14. Turnover valve mandatory.
15. Fuel cell must be foam filled.
16. Fuel cap lanyard and ground strap required.
E) FRAME AND SUSPENSION
1. Frame must be stock. Rear frame legs may be fabricated no further forward than center of rear axle.
2. Must relocate suspension parts in original location.
3. Wheelbase must be stock for year, make and model utilized.
4. Front sub frames must be stock for year, make and model of car utilized. No cutting, sectioning or redesign of front frame or sub frame to change the stock location of any suspension component or engine placement. Notching the frame for the fuel pump is prohibited.
5. All components and parts must be stock. No modifying No weight jack devices of any kind allowed.
6. No spring buckets allowed. Fixed or adjustable spacers only. Racing springs allowed
7. No adjustable spring hangers allowed. Replacement hangers must be stock lengths for year, make and model of car utilized.
8.Fixed lowering blocks only.
9. Front sway bars must be stock. No rear sway bars allowed.
10. Any crash damage repair must locate the suspension components in their original positions with original mounts with a minimum of reinforcement. All repairs subject to inspection and approval.
11. Ball joint and ball joint location must be stock plus or minus one inch. No steel or offset bushings.
12. All shocks must be stock type and must be mounted in stock location to stock rubber mounts. Racing shocks allowed. (Afco, Pro) Must be factory replacements Non rebuildable.
13. Drivelines must have two retaining straps. May be made of chain or metal strap. Drivelines must be painted white. No aluminum drivelines.
1. Steering column must be mounted in stock location.
2. Steering quickener OK. Rack and pinion OK if factory for model being used.
3. Steering wheel pad mandatory.
4. Quick release steering wheel mandatory.
1. All 4 brakes must work at all times.
2. Rear wheel disk brakes allowed. After market steel rotors OK, all other components must be OEM stock or stock replacement. No floating caliper brackets.
3. Working stock master cylinder must be in stock location. No type of adjustable proportioning valve allowed.
4. Pedals must remain in stock location.
1. Chevrolet 350 C.I. max. +. 060 overbore
2. Ford 351 C.I. max. +. 060 overbore
3. Dodge 360 C.I. max. +. 060 overbore
4. The GM 602 Crate Engine is allowed. The Race Director may modify the weight rule for these cars in order to make sure they are competitive.
5. Max compression ratio: 10.5 to 1
6. ENGINE BLOCKS: Stock OEM cast iron engine blocks only. Decking allowed. Studded main caps allowed. Must have stock casting numbers on the block.
7. Inspection hole required in oil pan to obtain unobstructed view of crank, rods and underside of pistons
8. Blocks must not be altered in any way so that it cannot be used in a street legal production car.
9. CRANKS: Stock OEM cast or steel, large journal, 3.48 stroke crank only. No knifing, no lighting. No offset grinding. No stroking. No destroking. No after market cranks of any kind. No lightweight cranks allowed. Crank is to remain stock and will be teched.
10. PISTONS: Cast or Hypereutectic 2 or 4-valve relief, flat top or dished pistons only. No billet aluminum or forged, no lighting of any kind. No domed pistons allowed.
11. RODS: Stock OEM 5.7, large journal rod only. No aluminum, no lighting of any kind. Heavy-duty rod bolts OK. Shot peened OK. No after market rod allowed.
12. HEADS: All heads must be factory castings Vortec Heads: Standard OE Production Vortec castings are permitted: GM L-31 (Casting #062 or #906 Only). All other Vortec and Vortec-style heads prohibited, including but not limited to Vortec Bow Tie, Edelbrock, EQ, GM Fast Burn, etc.
13. No aluminum heads allowed. No aftermarket heads allowed. No port matching, no pocket porting or blending. No porting or polishing of any kind. No angle plug heads. Stock type stamped steel 1.5 ratio rockers only. No rollers. Screw in studs & Guide plates OK. Maximum valve spring diameter 1.260. Steel retainers only. No titanium or aluminum valve train parts.
I. MAXIMUM VALVE HEAD DIAMETER:
1. 1.94” intake 1.50” exhaust. CAMSHAFT: .485 max valve lift. No roller cams. No solid lift cams. No gear drives allowed. "Maximum allowable lift of any camshaft at the valve is 0.485. Camshaft lift measurement will be taken at the lifter and multiplied by the rocker arm ratio" (i.e.: 0.323"x1.5 = 0.485")
2. INTAKE: Torker II, 2101 performer, or 2116 Vortec performer intake manifold only. No cast iron. No modification of any kind allowed.
J. CARBURETION & FUEL SYSTEM
1. Holley #4412 carburetor only. May remove choke plate power valve and change jetting only, must fit tech gauge.
2. Carburetor adaptor 1” max with one gasket on top and one gasket on bottom. No additional spacers allowed. Two Throttle return springs mandatory.
3. Standard size air cleaners only 4” x 14” max. (Standard K&N filter ok) Flat steel top, steel bottom with air cleaner in between. Air cleaners through hood must have hood scoop. Absolutely no portion of air cleaner may assist the flow of air into carb.
4. All Street Stocks must Sunoco Fuel. Sunoco Fuel is available from Trackside Racing (714) 895-1190 or at the racetrack on event days.
5. Fuel pump must be in stock location.
6. NO COOL CANS ALLOWED.
7. NO GLASS OR PLASTIC FUEL FILTERS ALLOWED.
8. Gas shall not be blended with alcohol, ethers, or other oxygenates Race gas ok.
9. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS PERMITTED.
K) EXHAUST SYSTEM
1. Stock cast iron exhaust manifolds only. No modifications.
2. Mufflers mandatory. Maximum dB reading 95 decibels at 100 feet.
3. Mufflers and tail pipes must be mounted below or underneath floor pan and extend past the rear of the driver.
4. Center Dumps will not be allowed starting in 2016.
L) COOLING SYSTEM
1. Radiators must be in stock location and appear stock.
2. Fan shroud mandatory.
3. Solid plastic, aluminum or Steel fan ok.
4. Fan is mandatory, bolted on water pump.
M) ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
1. Distributors must be stock point or HEI.
2. No racing modules or coils allowed.
3. All batteries must be securely mounted. If battery is mounted inside of driver compartment it must be fully enclosed inside metal case bolted to floor having a securely attached cover
4. Electrical ON/Off switch and starter button must be within reach of driver without having to release, or loosen seat belts.
5. All cars must start under their own power.
6. Master electrical on/off switch mandatory must be reachable from either side of car from outside, and kill the engine when turned off.
7. All cars must be equipped with a stock starter and must be mounted in stock location.
N) TRANSMISSIONS & REAR-ENDS
1. Transmissions must remain stock with all gears working.
2. Manual transmission ok, stock steel 10 ½” single disk clutch & 153 tooth minimum steel flywheel only unaltered. One-inch inspection hole in bell housing mandatory. 180 degree scatter shields mandatory.
3. Automatics must have stock working torque converters, 11” converters-minimum.
Transmission coolers ok. No mounting of coolers in driver’s compartment.
4. Rear-end must remain in stock location with stock suspension. After market floater rear ends ok, solid steel axles only. No ratchet or locker rear-ends. Full spools and Mini spools ok, steel only, welded gears and Ford 9” allowed.
5. Center of rear lower control arm bolt must be 2.25 to 2.5 inches from the bottom of the housing.
O) TIRES AND WHEELS
1. NO MUD and SNOW GRIP TIRES ALLOWED.
2. Maximum of 8” tread width, 8” steel wheels maximum.
3. 5/8” studs required on all four wheels.
4. 8” or less DOT passenger car tire. No grooving, no recaps. All tires subject to approval by track staff.
5. No tire softeners.
6. Right rear bead lock only.
P) NUMBERS (IDENTITY)
1. For proper scoring, numbers must be easily read from the grandstand.
2. Car numbers must be in CONTRASTING COLOR and must be on both doors and on top: also front and rear for staging.
3. Numbers on doors and top are to be a minimum 20: high by 4” wide.
4. Numbers on the front of the car must be 6” high; and must be placed in driver side headlight area (must be clearly visible to staging person).
5. Numbers on the rear of the car must be 6” high and placed near the right side corner.
6. Driver’s name is to appear on top over both doors in 3” high letters.
7. Numbers must be solid color, no neon, no gold or silver.
8. No three digits or letters will be accepted.
1. Radios: No two way radios allowed in cars.
2. No interior or exterior rear view mirrors allowed.
R) SAFETY EQUIPMENT
1. For all safety equipment it will be the sole responsibility of the driver, not Perris Auto Speedway agents/officials or corporate officers to ensure that his/her safety equipment is correctly installed, maintained, and properly used. Please refer to manufacturer installation and usage guidelines and adhere to them.
2. Helmets/Gloves/Suits/Eye Protection
3. Safety helmet must meet Snell 95 testing standards, and bare proper identification, and have no signs of previous damage.
4. Single-layer fire suit is mandatory at all times. No flight suits allowed.
5. Approved racing gloves Mandatory, no welding gloves, gardening gloves, etc.
6. Approved racing shoes or leather boots required no nylon shoes permitted.
7. Eye protection is mandatory, and must be in place at all times.
S) FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
1. On board fire extinguishers (2lb) MANDATORY with metal quick release mechanism, within drivers reach while strapped in. Car # must be painted on.
2. All cars will be required to have in their pits a minimum of one 5 pound, Halon or dry chemical fire extinguisher. This is to be visible to tech officials, and all crewmembers must be aware of its location, and knowledgeable in the use of the fire extinguisher. Sharing a fire extinguisher between two pit areas is illegal.
3. Car and driver will be required to make safety rule violations comply, PRIOR to racing any event.
All cars are subject to inspection at any time and in any manner determined by track officials. All decisions regarding the timing and manner of inspections, as well as which cars will be inspected is final.
A competitor must take whatever steps requested by a track official, to facilitate inspection of the car at any time. Only those persons approved by track officials may be admitted into the inspection area.
Perris Auto Speedway has the right to confiscate any part and/or equipment, which fails to meet applicable specifications during an event. Track officials mandate inspection after the event; if a car that has competed in the event is taken from the tech area without permission of a track official, the car and driver will be disqualified. Any member who fails to tear down a car for inspection when requested to do so by the track officials will incur a fine and/or loss of championship points and/or indefinite suspension from Perris Auto Speedway.
ENGINE PROTEST PROCEDURES:
ONLY A DRIVER THAT IS A MEMBER OF PASSCAR CAN PROTEST AND REQUEST TO HAVE A MOTOR TORE DOWN TO THE CRANKSHAFT FOR INSPECTION OF ILLEGAL PARTS FOR A FEE OF $1,000.00 ($200 TO PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY, $800 TO CAR OWNER. THE DRIVER MUST HAVE FINISHED IN THE TOP FIVE IN THE EVENT AND MUST HAVE RACED IN THE PREVIOUS TWO A MAINS IN A ROW. PROMOTER OR RACE DIRECTOR MAY ALSO PROTEST ANY ENGINE. THE PROTEST MUST BE REQUESTED AND CASH MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE TECH DIRECTOR OR RACE DIRECTOR WITHIN 5 MINUTES AFTER CHECKERED FLAG AT THE TECH PAD AREA. IF ILLEGAL, $800.00 WILL BE RETURNED TO THE DRIVER CONTESTING THE CAR AND $200.00 TO THE TRACK. REFUSAL OF TEAR DOWN PENALTY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, LOSS OF POINTS AND PAYOUT FOR THAT EVENT.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. The rules shall govern all entrants. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit deviations from any of the specifications, herein, or impose any further restriction, that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviations of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their discretion is final. If you have any questions please call Mike Miller (PAS TECH) at (760) 954-3342.
All Participants must be a member of the Perris Auto Speedway PASSCAR Association to receive Championship points. After two events you must join PASSCAR to participate. There will be a $40.00 entry fee per car per race. Money will be collected at pill pick at the Pit Gate.